- TueOct25 Year 9 Parents Evening 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- WedOct26 Early Years 1 & 2 Parent-Teacher Meetings 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- WedOct26 Year 1 & 2 Parent-Teacher meetings 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- WedOct26 Information Evening - Trip to Switzerland Y8-Y10 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- ThuOct27 CAS Event - Dress Up Day for Nepal
- ThuOct27 Year 8 Trip to Kidzania
- SunOct30 Director's Coffee Meeting 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- SunOct30 Early Years 1 Trip to Mushrif Park 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- MonOct31 Director's Coffee Meeting 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- TueNov01 MID TERM BREAK
A group of our Year 5 students recently had the opportunity to attend the pre-launch of Robinsons Department Store in Dubai Festival City. They met with the well-known architect, Patrick Blanc, who designed the 'vertical garden wall'. Patrick Blanc is a botanist architect who has worked on many garden projects. The children had a fantastic time learning about the many ways in which we can look after our environment.
One of our core values in DIS is that we should try to "promote human rights and responsibilities". This has motivated a group of IB2 students to contribute to society by collaborating with a charity called "The Box Appeal". The Box Appeal allows people to collect boxes and fill them with brand new everyday necessities that are then distributed to the less fortunate labourers.
Our VLE is an online tool that allows us to communicate effectively with both students and parents. Teachers use the VLE to upload class information, learning resources, homework due dates and photographs to showcase learning that has taken place in lessons.
On behalf of all the staff at DIS, we would like to extend a warm welcome to all our students and parents and especially all new members of our school community. We are very proud of our successes last year and the number of new and returning students reflects this.
Dear parents and students of DIS, we would like to welcome you to the start of the new academic year.The new school term starts on Tuesday 30th August for all our returning students, except for EY children and IB students.
Our school was inspected by the DSIB from 14th to 17th March. With a new 'Very Good' category introduced this year, we are proud to be one of Dubai's Uk curriculum schools providing high quality British education in the region.