Deira International School: BSO Outstanding School in every category
We are affiliated to the British Schools Overseas (BSO) and were visited in October 2021. The report states that Deira International School has a number of Outstanding features recognising so many of the school’s strengths. These include our teachers’ expertise in class and the imaginative way in which they promote students’ attainment, the exemplary behaviour of the students and the excellent relationships that run throughout the school, the school’s ethos of respect and dignity – and our strong commitment to inclusion. The inspectors recognised our commitment to the school vision.
- Deira International School is an outstanding school and provides an outstanding quality of education for pupils from three to 18 years.
- The school’s vision to help its pupils ’become confident, knowledgeable and intellectually open-minded global citizens’ is effectively achieved through a well-planned, well-delivered curriculum.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment across the school is outstanding. Teachers have very high expectations and demonstrate expert subject knowledge. Consequently, most pupils achieve high standards of knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Students are sensible, responsible citizens, who value their learning, friendships and relationships with staff.
- The school is a calm, purposeful and collegiate place, characterised by mutual respect and tolerance.
- Digital literacy development is emphasised as the school prepares its pupils to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
- Parent believe that their views about the school are highly valued and immediate action is taken to deal with any issues that arise. This has resulted in a strong sense of partnership.
- Senior leaders should make sure that the weekly continuing professional development time is used effectively to develop further the leadership skills of staff across the school.
Please click the image below to access the school’s BSO Report October 2021