KHDA Inspection 2023
Overall Inspection Rating: Outstanding
Simon O’Connor, DIS Director commented:
I am enormously proud that Deira International School has been rated as Outstanding by the DSIB inspection team. The excitement and buzz that this has generated across the school is fantastic.
The school has now been recognized as one of the highest achieving schools in the UAE, which is a particular achievement when considering our fully inclusive admissions. Since the last inspection, the school has worked tirelessly to raise standards across all parts of the school and to develop a holistic culture in which all of our community are able to thrive. I am particularly pleased that the work on wellbeing has been recognized in the report, as we strongly believe that this is the foundation of everyone’s success.
Best features of the school:
- The outstanding provision across the school, including teaching and learning, assessment, and the curriculum
- The outstanding attainment the post-16 phase and outstanding progress across all phases in English, mathematics and science
- Students’ understanding of Islamic values, personal development, social responsibility, and world cultures supported by their comprehensive and confident use of technology
- The health, care, safety, and security provided by the school to support welfare and well-being, as well as encouraging academic success and personal growth
- The exceptional leadership and governance supported by strong partnerships with parents
- Improve students’ attainment and progress in Islamic education and Arabic by raising the quality and consistency of teaching and learning to match the very best practice seen across the department and the wider school.
- Identify, address, and diminish the gaps in the achievements of different groups of students.