Assessment at DIS
- At DIS we use assessment to build learning pathways, ensuring personalised approached for students that accelerate progress and attainment.
- At DIS we use the learning objectives from the National Curriculum to assess student learning. Our pupils are assessed against Age- Related Expectations from the National Curriculum. Observation, questioning and marking, practical activities, digital technologies are just a few examples of how our teachers assess what each child has learnt.
- Daily ongoing teacher assessments build the picture for a Progress comment and a score on the DIS Attainment Scale. Teachers then personalize pupils learning to ensure all gaps are closed and learners are exceeding average progress.
- CAT 4 (Cognitive Ability Test, Fourth Edition) is extensively used to identify students and areas for improvement. This is used to inform planning and personalised learning to address learning gaps.
- We assess students throughout the year both formally and informally. At DIS student progress and attainment is not soley measured by testing, it forms part of a portfolio of evidence that allows an effective judgement to be made.