- SunSep10 Term 1 Begins for All Students Years 1-6 7:50 AM to 2:50 PM
- TueSep12 Early Years Drop-In Session (anytime between 10 and 12) 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- WedSep13 Early Years 2 Start Date 7:50 AM to 2:50 PM
- WedSep13 Early Years 1 Staggered Starts either 8am to 10am or 10:30am to 12:30pm 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- ThuSep14 Early Years 1 Staggered Starts either 8am to 10am or 10.30am to 12.30pm 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- SunSep17 Early Years 1 commence full days 7:50 AM to 12:30 PM
- ThuSep21 6R's Day 7:50 AM to 2:50 PM
- SunSep24 PS Photos
- SunSep24 After School Activities Start 2:50 PM to 3:50 PM
- MonSep25 Primary 1 (Years 1 & 2) Meet The Teacher & Curriculum Information 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Please find attached specific letters outlining the start-up arrangements for next academic year. For those who are remaining with us, we look forward to welcoming you back to DIS on the first day of school in September. For those leaving DIS, we wish you every success for the future. Have an enjoyable summer break.
Registration for new students for the academic year 2017/2018 is open now. The application has to be submitted online including some documentation that should be emailed to the school's Registrar or handed in at the Admissions Office.
Please look through our newly listed teacher job openings under 'Employment Opportunities' webpage. We are currently recruiting to fill our teacher vacancies for 2017-2018 academic year. Interested candidates should complete our employment application form following all instructions closely. Interview decisions will follow shortly.
Children at the summer break camp 2017 will enjoy 5 interesting activities per day, which are age appropriate and change regularly. These range from mini dodge ball, music & movement, ball skills, cooking, gymnastics and talent shows for the little ones, to Football, Tennis, Touch Rugby, Dance, Archery, Drama, Street Hockey, Gymnastics and Martial Arts.
Deira International School wins award for unique pastoral care initiative helping Year 6 students to transit smoothly from their Primary School to the Secondary School. We have been internationally recognised at the British International Schools Awards (BISA) ceremony and were featured in the British International Schools magazine. Congratulations to our Year 6 Team and Primary School Principal!
During this academic term, a group of students from Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 have created a student newspaper called "The Deira Daily". Students have been responsible for researching, organising and presenting the stories they feel should be shared with our community using their own words.
This edition of the newsletter is overflowing with a range of articles, illustrating how vibrant and dynamic our Secondary School is. This is just a flavour of the content and we hope that you will enjoy reading these in more detail.